Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Schedule/Apology

So I've been trying to post more often, but I haven't been succeeding very well.  Procrastination is one of my greatest weaknesses, and it's been showing up here just as it has in other areas of my life.  I do have things I want to say that I think are fairly interesting, it's just getting them written and posted that's the hard part.  I have about four pages of ideas for posts, reviews, series, musings, and such, as well as fairly extensive notes for reviews of Super 8, X-Men: First Class, Meek's Cutoff, and The Tree of Life, plus extra thoughts on Hanna.  I also have notes for posts on a comparison of three Spielberg films, five films of Robert Bresson, an overview of the career of Peter Weir, and the animation of Yuri Norstein, plus a few random reviews of things like Black Swan, Let the Right One In, Miller's Crossing, and Inglourious Basterds.  I would also like to do a write-up of my favorite films of the last decade, which I would like to start by mid-July.

So I guess my point is that I'm a pretty slow blogger, but I don't want to be.  I have big ambitions, I'm just not too good at meeting them yet.  With school out this summer, I would really like to get up to at least one post a week, more if I can manage it.  But we'll just have to see.  Anyway, I hope to have at least a few reviews up here in the next day or so--all I really have to do is transfer them from a notebook to the blog.  So if you're one of my very few readers, thanks for being patient, and watch out for more content in the future--it's coming.

2 comments:

  1. Stephen: I quite understand the situation. No need to apologize, especially since you've given of yourself at a number of blogs and have written some excellent reviews when the time is available. I'll admit I am most excited at hearing you have five Bresson films and a Peter Weir retrospective lined up! I'll be following the blog, but will understand that progess will be determined by time availability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sam. I hope to get to those things soon, but they may be awhile. I'll jot down notes as I go and think about a big post I want to do, and then a week will go by and I've seen something else big and interesting that I want to write about and the other thing gets left by the side of the road. But since you have expressed enthusiasm for those, I'll try to keep them at the top of the list!

    ReplyDelete