Thursday, February 24, 2011

Random Videos I Just Wanted to Share

I decided to post a few videos that I found interesting lately.  There's no real reason for these, and no thematic connection, I just felt like sharing them.


This is the greatest fake trailer I have ever seen, and it's just gone viral, so it's probably showing up all over right now.



This is the most beautiful and realistic piece of computer generated imaging that I have seen. Watch it full-screen all the way through.  If you follow the link, there's a couple making-of videos and explanations of how it works.
From the author's description:  A Full-CG Animated piece that tries to illustrate architecture art across a photographic point of vie where main subjects are already-built spaces.  Sometimes in an abstract way.  Sometimes surreal.

The Third & The Seventh from Alex Roman on Vimeo.


This video goes along with the video I posted in my Social Network review, another "kinetic typography" of a key scene.



Now here's a couple videos made on Xtranormal, a site where you can write a script and have pre-designed digital characters act it out.  Several of these videos have become pretty popular, most following this general template:  One ignorant character asks another about his/her job and the latter becomes increasingly irritated by the idiocy of the former, in a parody of common conversations people with these jobs have to go through.  They were even written up in The Wall Street Journal!






And finally, this is what's happening outside my window right now:

1 comment: